Description:This is a photo of the pulpit and the altar of the Georgenkirche in Eisenach, Germany where Martin Luther preached twice in 1521 and Johann Sebastian Bach was baptized in 1685. The first building of this church was started in 1515. The building was twice rebuilt in the second half of the 16th century and the end of the 19th century. The current pulpit was built in 1676 and the crucifixtion figures on the altar were built in the late gothic (around 1500) and baroque (late 15th century) periods. The paintings seen in this photo depict the Augsburg Confession (left) and the communion by Johann Hus and Martin Luther (right). The photo of the baptismal font (not shown in this photo) is in the Bach photo gallery.