Description:The west fašade of the Doge's Palace in Venice faces the Piazzetta and was built under Doge Francesco Foscari (1423-1457). It was completed by Giovanni and Bartolomeo Bon (father and son) with the construction of the Porta della Carta. The west fašade of Doge's Palace, Ducal Palace, Palazzo Ducale, Dogenpalast shows in detail the loggia, an opensided gallery above the ground floor artico, the pink-looking top floor fašade, and a sculptural relief of a doge facing a St. Mark's lion above an arched window on the top floor. The top floor fašade has a diamond pattern of white Istrian stones and red Verona marbles, which from a distance looks pink. Photo/picture of Venice, Italy by Tomoko Yamamoto.